Visitors

Sunday 19 December 2021

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 353 of 2021

2219hrs:

Speaking to someone 43 years older than me and he's sharper than I ever could be. 

He's 92 and I'm 49.

He remained sharp throughout the conversation which lasted for over 1 and a half hour.

........

Earlier, I was engaged in a somewhat novel TV discussion aired from Srinagar, which is clearly pro-India in its approach. It was interesting trying to gauge the relative merits or otherwise of India coming to take over this part of Jammu Kashmir & Allied areas compared to the merits of locally conceived strategies for water management and neutrality that I am pursuing. It would also have been meaningful for a Pakistani perspective to have been featured too, rather than seeking answers to Pakistan's ills from me. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the discussion and hope we can build on the engagement in future:

On Youtube:


On Facebook:

I did leave the following comment on their Facebook video:

Thank you for an engaging conversation. I hope we can build on such engagements in an open-minded manner and include further perspectives that exist throughout the State of Jammu Kashmir & Allied. 

End.....

.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...