Visitors

Sunday 23 January 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 23 of 2022

1852hrs:

Day 04 at Martyr's Square - Kotli - AJK

Remaining calm amidst the storm is key to success. Multi-tasking efficiently, handling non-stop communication and probing the cement like structure of endemic corruption; have all to be done simultaneously. 

We continue to feature Malik Waseem and his family's plight for very obvious reasons. He's still in custody without charge at Saddar Thaana (police station) in Muzaffarabad. Given all the reaction in his favour, there has been retaliation on all fronts from his adversaries.

Just imagine, if we can't address the requirements of justice on such a small scale internally, how are we going to address external occupation and aggression?

As the battle continues for the 'Land' and the 'People', it is clear to me that Malik Waseem has always been disadvantaged by lack of finance compared to his adversary and thus his family's eviction. If we want public interest to flourish we - as the public - have to put 'our money where our mouth is' so to speak. I have undertaken to ensure Malik Waseem's family is provided adequate food and shelter during this legal fight and that he be provided adequate funds to meet legal costs.  

I've started by sending his family 14 of the 15,000 or so that I had on me. I enquired from my wife as to the state of our family kitchen and was informed that we are low and only have enough to get through the week. I then borrowed 6,000 to ensure that Malik Waseem's family receives at least 20,000 today and that he can begin making a payment towards legal fees. Obviously, I have begun asking others to contribute and I'm sure at least some of them will contribute in due course. I will keep the public posted on what is received and spent on a daily basis hereon in this weblog.

It should also be remembered that I took an assurance from Malik Waseem that whatever his arguments are in his favour, that he can prove those in a court/testimony as well as in the court of the public. Likewise, that he can disprove all the allegations that are being made against him. I also reminded him of my - thus far - unblemished role in pursuing public interest here in AJK and that if he - Malik Waseem - has or will prove dishonest in anything he says, will have a direct bearing on my work and person. He answered in the affirmative and I thus have proceeded to devote my energies to resolving his land issue. Which will not only resolve his issue but will take us on the path of resolving all other pending land issues in this territory. Which - in turn - will give us all the moral clout to address the external aggression on our territory.  

I am also ready to be proved wrong - if that be the case - and will admit my misjudgement wholeheartedly. I will also be ready for any punishment that the public wish to mete out to me.

.....

For the record, it should be noted that Malik Waseem's family have also made an online complaint to the Pakistani lent officer in AJK on this matter. Obviously, I don't agree with making complaints to the occupier but I can understand the family's concerns. They have the moral prerogative to complain or appeal to anybody for what has been meted out to them. Even if its the Pakistani army or India's prime minister Narendra Modi.     



......

We have some good news to report about the AJK police once in a while and on this occasion, the police of Poonch are taking pains to help stranded tourists where the snowy weather has challenged the movement of traffic at such heights:


......

Day's Finance:

Opening Balance = 15,870

Y: (Incoming)
0

X:
70 - breakfast (paratha, half fired egg and channa)
100 - cigarettes
14,000 - Malik Waseem
(6,000 - borrowed for Malik Waseem)
270 - cigarettes
130 - multi power plug
200 - chicken zinger burger and 7-up

*Sent 20,000 to Malik Waseem
Total sent to Malik Waseem to date: 20,000

Closing Bal. 1,100

.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 114 of 2024

0744hrs: As if by instinct I am getting up near that 0500hrs target every morning. In fact, this morning I actually got up at 0300hrs, did s...