Visitors

Thursday 30 June 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 181 of 2022

2218hrs:

Day 25 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.

0819hrs

Being late is frustrating but it also indicates weakness(es) of some kind.

....

I'm just breezing through an academic collection of work on our territory: 'Society and Politics of Jammu and Kashmir' edited by Serena Hussain and published by Palgrave Macmillan 2021 at Cham, Switzerland. 


I find it refreshing that some academic measurement is being made of what the people here - on the ground in particular and those striving in some manner in the diaspora - go through to get their voice heard or written about, when the structure of statecraft is so heavily stacked in favour of India and Pakistan, crafted with such dexterity that only the British could possibly conjure up.

At first glance, it also makes me feel that I'm missing out on something somewhere.

Whatever it is, it is what I need to address as part of my daily routine.

....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...