Visitors

Sunday 13 January 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 13 of 2019

1822hrs:

I'm sure some of us can relate to these words, even though they were written about 800 years ago:

There was a time I would reject those who were not of my faith.
But now, my heart has grown capable of taking on all forms.
It is a pasture for gazelles,
An abbey for monks.
A table for the Torah,
A temple for the idols
Kaaba for the pilgrim.
My religion is love.
Whichever the route love’s caravan shall take,
That shall be the path of my faith.

IBN ARABI
Ibn ʿArabi (26 July 1165 – 16 November 1240), full name Abū ʿAbd Allāh Muḥammad ibn ʿAlī ibn Muḥammad ibnʿArabī al-Ḥātimī aṭ-Ṭāʾī, was an Andalusian Muslim scholar, mystic, poet, and philosopher, whose works have grown to be very influential beyond the Muslim world. Of the over 800 works which are attributed to him, 100 survive in the original manuscript.
Profile Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 117 of 2024

2311hrs: Slightly better than yesterday.