Visitors

Sunday 6 January 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 6 of 2019

2322hrs:

It took 10 days in all to revive my internet service. This time, it was of no fault of anybody but the public of AJK and me.

There was much peace in these 10 days but not without heavy doses of patience. No internet to end 2018 and no internet to begin 2019. The weather was mostly dull, bitterly cold but plenty of wood-fuelled fire to compete with the icy winds and humans to compete with the imposed isolation of this territory.

The first day of 2019 in Muzaffarabad
.....

I kept busy in between though. Here are a couple of videos which explore our Sikh heritage in AJK, in particular:



....



A lot can be said about the 2 experiences above but I think the spirit inside us all can help us reflect thoughtfully on our past and use that to develop a brighter future. At times, words sound like holllow rhetoric and simply cannot do justice to the emotions involved.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 107 of 2024

0719hrs: So, here's the deal. I must sleep at 2300hrs sharp and wake up at 0500hrs sharp. I got the second part exactly right today and ...