Visitors

Thursday 26 September 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 269 of 2019

2340hrs:

We not only remember the fallen......we take inspiration from them too:


Here's a testimony from a member of the martyr's family:

"Today on 26 September 1991 we lost our beloved brave family member Faheem Akram Shaheed (Martyr) of JKNSF/JKNAP. My social media activism is a tribute for him. I started on 26 September 2018 last year."

End of testimony.... 

.......

This is sensitive but it is genuinely a part of our internal narrative in AJK:



Yes, the poster to our right merits translation in public interest, especially for global civil society.


Thus:


The people of Pakistan! Come Forward


Become a balm for the wounds of the Kashmiri public


To highlight the case of the Kashmiri public at a global level


GIVE FINANCIAL DONATIONS


To remain active on the diplomatic, public and global arena


To conduct relief work for the Kashmiris



JAMAAT E ISLAMI PAKISTAN

End of translation of poster.....


.....


I am yet to attend this annual event. This is some form of consolation for the time being until I do. I shall also write a summarised version of his background in political activism and the events leading up to his murder in 1991 here:




.........


Times Square in New York this evening. I remember the place vividly from my visit once upon a time. There probably is no square in the world more prominent than this and the wording is quite precise too:



......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...