Visitors

Thursday 25 April 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 115 of 2019

1314hrs:

The activist of Gilgit Baltistan (GB) Asif Naji Advocate's arrest in Skardu a couple of days ago for supporting local women in their protest for water, has invoked rapid reaction from civil society in the territory:



....

Sometimes. I wish I could cover all 5 populated regions of the divided State every day. Namely, AJK, GB, Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh.

Most of the news is of or concentrated on the Valley, the epicentre of a land & water contest between outsiders:


...... 

The following is a note written by Quayyum Raja which gives an insight into how our neighbouring country viz. Pakistan illegally and immorally uses its clandestine agencies to monitor (and manage) public interest activity in AJK. It is about time that we monitor those who monitor us:

Just 2 minutes after the arrival of Human Rights Commission team in Wali Hotel Rawalakot earlier today, an unknown middle aged man approached me and shook hands with me and 3 of my companions. Before I could ask him to introduce himself, he went to our host and asked him the purpose of our visit.

When I asked my host, I was informed that he was an officer of the Pakistani secret services. I wanted to ask him why he was wasting his time but he had left.

We had left our home town Khuiratta at 7am and arrived at the hotel in Rawalakot at 11am. I hadn't announced my visit but still they knew and followed me.

The question is what wrong am I doing against Pakistan and what message are they conveying to me? 

Whatever message they intended to convey, I still attended my meetings in three districts: Rawalakot, Bagh and Sudhnoti. This is part of a long sequence of constant interference in my life, I thought I must let some of my friends know.

I declare that I am not doing anything against Pakistan but just helping my helpless people.

Quayyum Raja

End of note...

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 87 of 2024

1550hrs: So, I did manage to expunge the all-nighter theme of living in Ramadhan. Slept at 2230hrs yesterday and got up at 0400hrs today, fe...