Visitors

Thursday 31 October 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 304 of 2019

2305hrs:

Perhaps the most active October in Jammu & Kashmir since that tumultuous month in 1947

Shayed.......

......


This is how it ended:




.....


It will be difficult to personally acknowledge each and every person who raised their voice in support of our release from six days of unjustified detention. However, we will try and capture some of what our co-citizens did on our behalf:

Some made a valiant effort to describe my work and me, in my absence:

Nayyer Niaz in English:



Asad Nawaz in Urdu:



I would like to thank PNA for their moral support. They were quick out of the blocks on this one:




PNA's most active component JKPNP deserve particular mention too:




For the record, I would also like to thank the following:




I appreciate the creation of the following Twitter handles too:


#FreeTanveerAhmed

#StandWithTanveer 

The following is also an honour:





Voices were raised in London too:



In an example of yet another diaspora voice, Iftikhar Rajput is a hard hitting Urdu writer who is famed for his stern criticism of many individuals who advocate 'Kashmir' in the public domain, was equally generous in his praise for my work:


   ....

This is how it is in Jammu & Kashmir, on either side:




This would be a by-product of such conditions:




As would this:




Translation of the Urdu text:


(Last) night I received a call - with a description of private number on it - and I was threatened over sharing a post in reference to the barbarity that took place in Muzaffarabad (particularly on the 22nd of October). If I incur any loss then the ISI (Inter Services Intelligence) and MI (Military Intelligence) will be held responsible.


....


Aah! The Chenaab Valley of Jammu & Kashmir:



.........

This is the letter that was written on behalf of me to the Divisional Commissioner Muzaffarabad on the 30th. In it, I had requested the AJK government to begin seriously pondering the requirements of an internal political process. I suggested that a committee comprised of 4 MLAs (Members of the Legislative Assembly), each representing one of the 4 following tribes viz. Gujjar, Jaat, Rajput and Sudhan should be present along with 3 women active in public life and familiar with public affairs. Each of these women should represent one of the 3 administrative divisions of AJK viz. Mirpur, Muzaffarabad and Poonch:




.......  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 88 of 2024

1942hrs: My performance wasn't as good and sweet as last night. However, I did try and sleep at midnight and got up at 0300hrs. Went bac...