Visitors

Thursday 21 November 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 325 of 2019

0003hrs:

Absent mindedness denied me posting an entry for Day 324 even though the following - in brackets - had been written according to the timeline indicated:


n.b. diary for today viz. 21/11/19 - Day 325 of 2019 can be read below yesterday's diary

(1805hrs - 20/11/19 - Day 324 of 2019):


Agar Hindustaan soney ki chirya hay to Jammu Kashmir heeray, moti ki kaan hay......aur bahut kuch


English translation: 


If Hindustaan (India + Pakistan + Bangladesh + Myanmar etc.) is a golden sparrow then Jammu Kashmir is a mine of diamonds and pearls.....and much more)

So, the day started with me waking up at home in Kokoi for the first time in a long while, which is across the road from Gurutta where I was born, in my Naani's home. All my possessions are still scattered everywhere from the raid on the 24th of October.

Whenever I do visit my ancestral village I make a point of visiting my Naani's grave, reading Surah Yasin from the Quran while also plucking out the weeds that seem to grow more around her grave than anyone else's. 

My local mechanic was kind enough to bring my - now fixed - vehicle home so that I could then pay him before proceeding northwards to where I've been expected 2 days ago. My destination for the day was Dheerkot where some of our co-citizens had been waiting for me all day. I couldn't get there before 2000hrs. I had to pick up a co-citizen from Rawalakot too while yet another co-citizen had travelled especially for this court case from Dadyaal via Pakistan to Dheerkot.

I had announced soon after being released from jail on the 31st of October that I needed security as well as research assistants to take our public interest work forward. I could no longer afford to visit Muzaffarabad alone. Preparations and contingencies needed to be set-up. Hence, taking a dozen or so people with me to our court hearing in Muzaffarabad tomorrow.

.....

Meanwhile, a heap of crimes committed by the Pakistani army and its agencies are surfacing in AJK. This is just one ghastly example:




Here's an English translation of the letter in the FB image above:


For the attention of Esquire - Tanveer Ahmed Researcher


Subject: Redress, action against terrorism 


Your Excellency


I wish to bring to your attention that this petitioner is a resident of the LOC at Bandli. I am in the line of Indian fire on a daily basis. There is a Pakistani army artillery camp near our home. It was from this camp that on the 7th of November (2019) at the dead of night our under-aged daughter Samiya Anwar daughter of Muhammad Anwar resident of Hamlet Maanpura was kidnapped by soldier Raashid Ali, with the assistance of other soldiers.


When we found out after a while, we immediately notified the army camp nearby. They investigated and it was discovered that our daughter was at an individual named Raashid Ali's house in Hassan Abdaal Rawalpindi Pakistan. In reference to this, the Major of (Army) Camp Bandli and this unit's Colonel promised us that they would return our daughter within 2 days in all circumstances. Further, that even if a nikaah (marriage according to Islam) had been conducted they would obtain a divorce and return her forthwith. They also said that the Pakistani army is the guardian of Kashmiri dignity, unlike the Indian army which which acts as brigands where women are concerned.  


Many days have passed however. All we are witnessing are deceptive maneuvers. On the basis of humanity we implore your excellency to return our daughter to us. That the brigand of our dignity soldier Raashid Ali be punished for terrorism and for taking unconstitutional steps.


Thank you


Copy to copy


..............


1) For the attention of esquire Chief of Army Staff GHQ Rawalpindi

2) For the attention of esquire DG ISI GHQ Rawalpindi
3) For the attention of esquire Corp Commander GHQ Rawalpindi
4) GOC Jhelum Pakistan

Petitioner


Raja Muhammad Anwar son of Baaqir Ali - Signature


Identity Card Number: 81202-7921723-7


Resident of Bandli Mohalla Maanpura near Pakistan artillery camp Bandli P.O. and tehsil: Khuiratta district: Kotli - AJK


Brother Arshad - Phone Number - 03495476052


Brother Manzoor - Phone Number - 03474311897

End of English translation of letter......


For those of you who want to read it in Urdu but can't make it out properly can read the Roman transliteration below:


Bakhidmat janaab - Tanveer Ahmed Muhaqiq


Unwaan daad rassi, dehshat gardi ke khilaaf karwai


Janaab e Ali


Guzarish e khidmat hay sail LOC Bandli ka rihaishi hoo. Aye roz Indian army ki firing ki zad me hoo. Hamaarey gharo ke qareeb Pakistan army artillery ka camp hay. Pakistan army artillery camp se sipahi Raashid Ali aur deegar faujiyo ki madad se 7 November 2019 raat ki taareeqi me hamaari kam umar beti Samiya Anwar dukhtar Muhammad Anwar Saakin Mohalla Maanpura se uthaa kar le gaye.


Kuch der baad humey maloom huwa to hum ne foran qareebi fauji camp ko itilaa di to unho ne jaanch partaal ki maloom huwa ke Raashid Ali naami shaks ke ghar Hassan Abdaal Rawalpindi Pakistan beti ki mojoodgi paayi gayi jis par Major Camp Bandli aur is unit ke Colonel ne har soorat beti ko do din ke andar humey waapas deney ka waada kiya ke agar nikaah bhi huwa ho to talaaq ke saath beti aap ko dengey aur kaha ke Pakistan army Kashmiriyo ki izzato ki muhaafiz hay naakey Indian army ki tarah aurato ke lootere hain. Lekin kai din guzarney ke baawajood taal matol kar rahey hain. Janaab se insaani hamdardi guzaarish hay ke hamaari beti humey waapas di jaey. Aur izzat ke looterey sipahi Raashid Ali ko dehshat gardi ghair aini ikdaam ki saza di jaye. 


Shukrya


Copy to copy


..............


1) Baakhidmat janaab chief of army staff GHQ Rawalpindi

2) Baakhidmat janaab DG ISI GHQ Rawalpindi
3) Baakhidmat janaab Corp Commander GHQ Rawalpindi
4) GOC Jhelum Pakistan

Darkhwaast guzaar 


Raja Muhammad Anwar wald Baaqir Ali - Signature


Shanaakhti Card Number: 81202-7921723-7


Saakin Bandli Mohalla Maanpura nazd Pakistan artillery camp Bandli P.O. aur tehsil Khuiratta zila Kotli AJK


Arshad Bhai - Phone Number - 03495476052


Manzoor Bhai - Phone Number - 03474311897

End of Roman transliteration......


Here's some analysis on the issue above. Many thanks to Dr. Shabir Choudhary for taking this up: 




(Update 11/02/20 at 1019hrs although the following video was made on the 11th of January i.e. 11/01/20):




......

Opening Bal. 48,940 (20/11/19 - i.e. Day 324 of 2019)

X:
30,000 - Gave to uncle for rebuilding wall (from 50K received from mother in UK y'day)
11,000 - Paid up for engine repair (paid 1,000 yesterday - total 12K paid)
1,000 - DR - Mechanic (ref. from 2010 - bal. 3,000)
550 - USB lead & Samsung battery (with 50 rs discount)
30 - Scan, copy and email of documents
1,500 - Diesel
250 - B & H cig.
500 - Co-citizen for leaving his work to accompany us to Muzaffarabad
20 - Tyre pressure

Y:
(500 - for my full time assistant from BBH as he came to join me from home)

Breakdown of part 2 of Engine work:
Water Body - 2,500
Timing Belt - 1,600
Silicon - 200
Tappit Cover Jain - 350
Heater plug - 600
Engine Oil - Rimula D - 2,500
Cam Seal - 300
Cylinder Collar - 100
Paraffin oil + Cloth - 500
Labour - 4,000
Total - 12,650
discount - 650
Paid - 12,000

(Mechanic forgot to include 1,500 for head gasket, which I will pay for the next time I see him)

Other material/in kind support: 
20 - Tyre pressure - RT
Breakfast at uncle's - KSA
Lunch of meat/roti and kahwa - SBH
600 - For the evening meal of potha kaleji, tindey, keema, tea and kahwa for 5 late in the evening - DL

Abbreviations:

Bal. - Balance
X - Outgoing
K - 1,000
UK - United Kingdom
DR - Debt Repayment
rs. Pakistani rupees
cig. - cigarettes
Y - Incoming
BBH - Bagh (District & Tehsil)
RT - Rawalakot
KSA - Sehnsa 
SBH - Baloch 
DL - Dadyaal

Closing Bal. 4,090
.....

(0700hrs - 21/11/19 - Day 325 of 2019):

I'm due in court today for my hearing in reference to an allegation of trying to commit suicide at Laal Chowk on the evening of the 25th of October this year (2019). Reference can be made to a similar court case invoked by Pakistan's clandestine agencies - forever in the dark shadows of public life in AJK - by using the local police in Leepa in August 2015. The learned judge then described in his verdict that the court's time had been wasted. Here's a reference to the decision made on the 18th of March 2016, at district courts Hattian Bala.


I didn't sleep much today as I had much work pending since running around my vehicle and its travails over the past few days. 4 hours I obtained in total. Over breakfast given by my hosts in Dheerkot there were some good searching questions over the local IG (Inspector General) issue. 

Diesel in vehicle finished about 8 kilometres short of Muzaffarabad and we were already getting late for the court hearing. It s just as well that I had a full-time assistant with me and it was an added bonus that the fuel station wasn't too far either. There are many things in my vehicle that do not work or need attention. The fuel gauge is just one of them. The vehicle had drank more diesel than I envisaged. A leaking exhaust or rain could be a factor in miscalculation.

A feeling of lethargy overtook me especially after lunch. It hadn't stopped raining since the morning either. My Dheerkot friends requested that I drop them at Kohalla. Despite my condition and an even worse condition of my vehicle (exhaust was leaking and wipers were not working) I was duty bound to obey them. 

In the interim, we all discussed how to proceed with our public interest activity. I explained that as long as we are all utilised according to our capacity we will get to our destination.

We returned to Muzaffarabad from Kohalla in fading light and intermittent rain. Only one headlight is working, the front windows do not close, the wipers weren't working but operating in such challenging conditions is almost routine and we take everything in our stride.

We needed a cosy fire to repel the weather and that was our next target in Muzaffarabad. Over discussion, our friend from the UK said we shouldn't antagonise the UK government over their role in J & K. I responded that we appreciate everything that society and system has done for us but we cannot take up arms against India and Pakistan. The UK would have take its fair share of responsibility if we were to succeed in a peaceful, ethical, democratic and legal fight against our neighbours. After all, it was the departing British Empire under a Labour government in the UK that facilitated India and Pakistan's entry into Jammu & Kashmir.

An amazing event happened this evening: 

I shared my remaining walnuts and a couple of packets of biscuits with my co-citizens around the fire. Without being aware of the contents in my bag, everybody got an equal share of walnuts and biscuits. On the third and final round, there was just one extra biscuit to spare. We all felt that was miraculous as there were about 10 of us.

We're staying in a hotel tonight. When I used to come to Muzaffarabad as a single activist, I could adjust pretty much anywhere. Now I have a full-time assistant to look after. Expenses will inevitably rise.

.....

This is what I wrote for the court a few days ago:

This was a carefully considered event to wake up the public and government of AJK alike, on the subject of security in AJK. 


At no point in time did I put my life or anyone else's life in danger.


Contrary to the allegation of suicide put before a court in Muzaffarabad, everything I've done in this territory is pro-life. What I am struggling for and want to achieve needs years of further research and struggle. My only chance of succeeding is if I live to complete what I want to do. 


A public protest should always be to address an attention deficit, particularly in matters relating to the security of a territory, in our case AJK. 


We can no longer tolerate a system of governance run by shadows without a trace. Tomorrow, they will adopt even more brutal tactics to submerge us into Pakistan.


We - the inheritors of AJK - need to get a grip on the requisite criteria for accountability before it is too late.


A local IG will put us on the right road to OBMs (Ownership-Building Measures), future public protests will be more engaging and fulfill their purpose of building a functional bridge between the AJK public and its own government. 


I've been hitting the nail on the head with increasing velocity over the past month in particular. That is why my ancestral home in Sehnsa was raided on the 24th of October. If I can't bring the suspects before a court of law, I have to address the public at large somehow.


If the AJK government was serious in developing the dialogue on the subject of installing a local IG in public interest, I would have gladly climbed back down and there would have been no reason to activate the 'rescue services'. It was akin to making a calm situation potentially volatile.


As it became clear while sitting atop the tower at Laal Chowk for 6 hours, the AJK government made it clear that the subject of installing a local IG was out of the question.


The government or more pointedly the shadows running our government - without legal reference or any form of accountability - had to be pushed to the limit and I did that. 


We want to live life to the full but on terms with a local constitutional reference.


Our dignity is in our own hands.


End...


Translated into Roman Urdu, it reads as:


Ye Muzaffarabad ki adaalat ke liye bil-khusoos aur AJK ki awaam ke liye bil-amoom paigham hay.


Ye aik sanjeedgi se soch kar amal tha AJK ki awaam aur hukumat dono ko jagaaney ke liye, AJK me tahaffuz ke mozoo par.


Kisi bhi waqt me ne apni ya kisi aur ki zindagi ko khatrey me nahi daala.


Us khudkashi ke ilzaam ke bar-aqs jo Muzaffarabad ki adaalat ke saamney rakha gaya, jo kuch bhi me ne kiya is dharti me wo zindagi ke haq me kiya. Jin ahdaaf ke liye me jad o jehd kar raha hoo aur haasil karna chahta hoo, un ko mazeed kai saal darkaar hain tehqeeq aur jad o jehd me. Kamyabi ka moqa usi soorat me hay ke me zinda rahoo is kaam ko mukammal karney ke liye.


Awaami ihtijaaj hamesha adam tawajo ka saamna karney ke liye hona chahiye, bil khusoos un maamalaat par jo aik dharti ke tahaffuz ke mutallaq ho, jo hamaarey tanaazur me AJK ki dharti hay.


Ab hum mazeed aisey nizaam ko bardaasht nahi kar saktey jo saaye chalayen jin ki khoj lagaana bhi namumkin ho. Aaney waaley kal ko ye is se bhi zyaada bathar hikmat amli ikhtyaar karengey humey Pakistan me zam karney ke liye.


Hum - jo AJK ke waaris hain - ko ashad zaroorat hay ke hum qaaboo paaye un qwaif par jo darkaar hain ehtesaab ke liye, is se qabl ke bahut der hojaye.


Aik maqaami IG humey us sadaq pe daal ne me madad karega jo humey malkiyat saazi ki taraf le jaye, is ke baad awaami ehtejaaj zyaada maaney khez hongey aur aik amli pull tameer hojayega AJK ki awaam aur us ki apni hukumat ke darmiyan.


Is pichley maheeney se bilkhusos me barthi huwi shidat se qeel ko teek sar pe maar raha hoo (mahaawaratan). Isi liye mera abaahi ghar Sehnsa me daaka para 24 October ko. Agar me mulzimaan ko court ke saamne haazir nahi karwa sakta, phir mujhe kissi na kissi zariye se awaam ke saamney baat rakhni padegi.


Agar awaami mufaad me AJK ki hukumat sanjeeda hoti maqaami IG ko tainaat karney ke mozoo par, phir me khushi khushi (tower se) neechay aajaata aur rescue sevices ko muttahariq karney ki koi zaroorat na hoti. Ye goya aisa tha ke aik puraman mahol ko mumkina taur par ishtyaal diya jaey.


Laal Chowk ke tower par 6 ghantey se baitey huwey ye baat waazey huwi ke AJK ki hukumat ke liye muqaami IG ko tainaat karney ke mozoo ko cherney ka sawaal hi nahi paida hota.


Hukumat ya dar-asal jo saaye hamaari hukumat ko chala rahey hay - beghair qanooni hawaaley se ya kissi qism ke ehtesaab ke dairey me aatey huwey - ko un ki hudood tak keenchna zaroori tha aur wo me ne kiya.


Hum zindagi jee bhar ke guzaarna chahtey hain lekin aik maqaami aini hawaaley ke saath.



Hamaara waqaar hamaarey hi haath me hay.

End of statement...


.....


Opening Bal. 4,090

X:
60 - Kahwa x 3
500 (plus 20 by Assistant from 500 he received y'day) - Diesel
100 - Rickshaw fare for getting diesel
250 - B & H cig.
70 - Kahwa and tea x 3
1,000 - Diesel
410 - RT co-citizens return fare & expenses
130 - 13 print-outs
27 - 9 copies
1,000 - Hotel room

Other material/in kind support: 
200 - Breakfast - channey. roghni naan and half-fry eggs - DT
1,000 - Lunch - assorted....dhaal, gosht, sazi and tea for 9 people - DL
100 - Kulchas - DL 

Abbreviations:

Bal. - Balance
X - Outgoing
cig. - cigarettes
RT - Rawalakot
DT - Dheerkot
DL - Dadyaal
rs. Pakistani rupees

Closing Bal. 543
....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 111 of 2024

0910hrs: Despite getting up at 0630hrs rather than the 'stipulated' 0500hrs I feel that I have broken some barriers or decimated som...