Visitors

Friday 6 December 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 340 of 2019

1138hrs:

Yet to have breakfast as we have no money. We also need to shift to a newer accommodation which will work out cheaper and also provide us an opportunity to cook for ourselves. This will bring down our costs of eating out and hopefully a healthier diet will be attained, given the very low quality of cooking oil/ghee used in hotels throughout AJK and beyond.

We do have 80 (UK) pounds in the UK but we want to keep them there so that we can save up for 5,000 pounds worth of communications technology that we need on the ground here.

Various local co-citizens are being canvassed for public funding and we hope to receive something imminently. This is just another task we have on our hands apart from all the other functions we are performing for public interest here.

Late in the afternoon, we produced the following:



........

I owned the domain maloomaat.net for many years until my then domain provider tried to take payment for other domains that I didn't need. Maloomaat means information in Arabic and Urdu. I also have a blogspot domain of the same name viz. maloomaat.blogspot.com This used to be a frequent activity for me to put questions to my co-citizens on a regular basis and assess public opinion from there. In 2011, this was the pre Whatsapp era. Many, if not most of my questions disturbed the Pakistani State and they tried very hard to use the local AJK authorities to prevent me from pursuing this line of activity. They failed of course and so did the Pakistani mono-narrative in AJK.

SMS Democracy was what I called it then and I decided to re-activate it today for the following question:

'Awaami Assembly' (People's Assembly) ko kaise bayan karengey AJK ke tanazur me? (How would you define it in the context of AJK?) 3 jumlo ki had tak. (in max. 3 sentences) Shukrya - (Thank you) 

Healthy feedback has been received and it is a pity that I still have many pending questions and feedback from 2011 that I still have yet to upload. That data is in another drive which is under repair.   

I also had an opportunity to read up on the following and learned to my horror that the origins of the London Bridge Attacker trace his family back to AJK, district Kotli and Kijlaani in tehsil Charoi to be precise. As a community and diaspora, we have much to address:




...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...