Visitors

Sunday 15 December 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 349 of 2019

1659hrs:

I've just come back from an invigorating 3 km walk eastwards along the River Jhelum, to fetch some pristine spring water.

While eating a piece of guava followed by a walnut on my return, I began pitying many of my co-citizens who hardly walk let alone exercise, have a very high intake of sugar, use sub-standard cooking oil/ghee in their cooking, consume powdered spices and processed salt, bake flour with hardly any wheat in it, eat a lot of things wrapped in newspapers or plastic packaging, drink contaminated water and have x cups of tea made from packaged milk and the list goes on. They then consume sub-standard medicines to try and superficially repel the accumulated ills their bodies carry.

I almost feel like an ardent ritual namaazi (Muslim worshipper) who tends to look down on all those who refrain from regular prayer.

In any case, I do my utmost to avoid all the above - irrespective of wherever I may be - because I want to stay fit and healthy to do the work that I do, at least until I die.
  
....... 

The next days, weeks and months will prove to be the most interesting in the history of this territory, otherwise described as Jammu Kashmir Aqsai Tibetha. Isn't it interesting that many documents get to Indian media before the sharing circle reaches us in AJK:



.......

For over a decade now, I've felt linking Jammu with AJK and Ladakh with GB will untie the knot of slavery in Jammu & Kashmir. The people of Skardu (GB) have tried to remind the world of their plight and aspirations to re-unite with Kargil (Ladakh) on many occasions:





It is very heartening to see such human aspirations in such a climate.

......

People's Assembly, Lok Assembly or Awaami Assembly? 
In a territory where the externally sponsored Legislative Assembly has capsized and where people haven't enjoyed freedom of assembly for 72 years. 


A detailed conversation in Urdu, thanks to Shams Rehman & #JKTV:



......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 107 of 2024

0719hrs: So, here's the deal. I must sleep at 2300hrs sharp and wake up at 0500hrs sharp. I got the second part exactly right today and ...