Visitors

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 344 of 2019

1237hrs:

Worked beyond midnight as discussion on the People's Assembly intensified in a Whatsapp Group. I had to listen to over 100 minutes of a multitude of audio clips, take notes and then respond with about 33 minutes of assorted clips myself. This whole process took about 3 hours and I didn't get to sleep before 0500hrs. 

Thus, I couldn't get up before midday. Now, I'm again running behind time....need to play catch up on this international day for human rights. 

........

I actually posted this tweet in the early hours of the morning:




.......


Outside the AJK President's House on International Human Right's Day:




.......


Here is what I wrote in response to a question about the People's Assembly today. The question was in Urdu and hence the response was also thought out in Roman Urdu. I will translate into English of course:



Mojooda AJK Assembly ki qanoon saazi ke fuqdaan se ye takaaza wajood me aata hay - bilkhusoos aaj ke tanaazur me jaha 5 mulk humey mustaqil taqseem karney par agley 2 maa me tulley huwey hain. 

Wo bhi beghair kisi qanooni, jamhoori, akhlaaqi zariye se, aur jaha wo aman ko qaim rakhney ke faraiz ko bhi tarak kar rahey hain.

Lehaaza humey (AJK ke shehryo ko) is waqt se pehle dunya ko aik jadeed, tehqeeq ki bunyaad par aik androona (internal) political process waazai karna parega. 

Us ki output 100 shehryo ki shakal me aik Awaami Assembly me hay. Jis ka pehla session Government Secretariat me January 2020 ke kisi itwaar ko munaqad karna naa guzeer hay. 

Shukrya

English translation of the above:


Then in response to a query from the public:

Humey pehley session me baa-izzat tareeqey se discussion karna chahtey hay aur dunya ke saamney apna public bayaaniya dena chahtey hay bas. Ye koi ehtejaaj nahi aur nahi kisi tabqey ka amal hay. Hamaari riyasat/mumlikat ke waaris 1927 ke qanoon me waazay hain.

.......

If I had only one sentence to say about International Human Rights Day in the context of Jammu & Kashmir, it would be something from the following:




.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 114 of 2024

0744hrs: As if by instinct I am getting up near that 0500hrs target every morning. In fact, this morning I actually got up at 0300hrs, did s...