Visitors

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 23 of 2018





2200hrs:

Its difficult to imagine how much one can write in a day.

In this day and age there is so much to write about. There is more news available today than perhaps ever before in history. Talking of history, there is a lot of that available too, at the touch of a button.

Today has been a productive day at the laptop, helped by an overcast sky which kept me grounded. Only worth going out if the sun is around.

I haven't given enough attention to acquiring a 'peer review' of sorts for the survey.

I'm still trying to work out who my peers are?

I will return to this question later.

Meanwhile, I want to share what I picked up earlier today on a student's blog in Europe, then connect it to a migrant worker's Whatsapp story from the same continent and how they both relate to AJK, in what the LKY School of Public Policy might describe as 'curating collisions in context':

The student wrote, "in my research I chose the definition of nationalism from Benedict Anderson’s perspective, in which nationhoods are ‘imagined communities’ and media plays a key role in this imagining process. In this viewpoint, nationalism is an imagined construct, that started with the print revolution when people were able to share myths and stories, and vernacular languages spread over continents".

I will also return to the Whatsapp story for that other context.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...