Visitors

Sunday 7 January 2018

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 7 of 2018

Today was yet another generally un-accounted for day. That is, from a public output perspective. However, as I constantly aspire to the bright side of everything, today has proved a tad more efficient than yesterday. For example, I have begun to write these words today before the last quarter of an hour of the day.

Despite using the word 'I' so often, I do wish I can shed it as soon as possible. Converting it to a constant, workable and transparent 'we' has been the challenge ever since I began reading the (auto)biographies of prominent public political figures of this territory e.g. Sheikh Abdullah, Choudhary Ghulam Abbas, Sardar Ibrahim et al. I also vividly remember - some years ago - being admonished by a prominent ethnic Kashmiri jurist - living in the diaspora - who strongly advised me to convert my explanations of public activity in AJK from 'I' to 'we'. I'm still working on it and hope to succeed soon though some of the burden does lie on my constituency viz. the citizens of AJK (at home and abroad). More on that in due course.

Fearing criticism of grandeur, I would reluctantly describe my work as that of an aspiring public intellectual. Certainly, that's the impression I'm developing from watching the following video:

Dr. Naomi Wolf: “What is a Public Intellectual?” Workshop   

The least one can safely say is that, one of the most generous things to do is to share knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 88 of 2024

1942hrs: My performance wasn't as good and sweet as last night. However, I did try and sleep at midnight and got up at 0300hrs. Went bac...