Visitors

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 119 of 2020

2119hrs:

I've been carrying an injury (a strain in the back of my left leg) from football for just over a week now. I carried on playing on a daily basis and thought I could break through the pain barrier. I couldn't and today I finally decided to take a break, otherwise I may not be able to recover. I'm in danger of carrying a permanent limp and saying an eternal good bye to my reunion with football.

I must recover, in order to remain useful for my subaltern community.

.....

Meanwhile, I should remind our readers of the poverty of our 'modern' infrastructure from time to time:




........


My leg injury becomes insignificant whenever I remember this incident:





in 2011, a poor worker named Sarfaraz Shah belonging to a village in district Bagh (AJK) was unnecessarily shot and killed by Pakistani Rangers in Karachi.

Genuine outrage at this senseless murder at the time forced the Pakistani State to prosecute the Rangers involved. Now, the Pakistani president has decided to forgive them!

One had been sentenced to death (by hanging) while 5 others had been given life sentences.  

Even Niccolò Machiavelli would have been astounded at some of the antics conducted by the Pakistani State.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 110 of 2024

0512hrs: I have managed to get up at 0500hrs sharp for the past 4 days in a row, like a bolt almost. That isn't where the problem lies. ...