Visitors

Friday 29 April 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 119 of 2022

2022hrs:

Break day 5 of district (Kotli) wide tour

Brakes are on and timing of the day corresponds to the year, once again I think.

....

I haven't really commented on the film 'The Kashmir Files' to date. However, the following Facebook post by Nitasha Kaul (I'm providing the link here as the post cannot be embedded) prompted me to respond to the divergent range of views posted there. Here's my comment:

I have read the comments and feel that we have to build bridges irrespective of what happened in the past. This does not mean wrongs must not be put right but for that we need 360 degree empathy.

I think we can learn a lot from Budhshah's rule (1420-1470), not least because that era navigated out of something much harsher.

We all (inhabitants of JKA) have an opportunity to provide solutions for the diverse regions, civilisations and power centres that intersect at this territory.

I am thinking water management technology in particular.

I also think cross LOC cultural activism over the past few years to revive Sharda - not only as a religious place of worship for Hindus - but as a pre-eminent centre of learning for the whole of humanity, provides us inspiration.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 115 of 2024

2124hrs: My real examination begins tomorrow, as so many stars seem to be aligned - I use that cliche metaphorically - as it is easier or ev...