Visitors

Wednesday 16 August 2023

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 228 of 2023

0830hrs:

By late evening yesterday, my feet had swollen to the extent that I couldn't even stand, let alone walk. I knew that I had to carry on rather than return back home to rest and recuperate. Political prisoners in our territory are increasing by the day and we could reach Indian-administered or occupied Jammu Kashmir proportions - at some point - if it continues so.

Thus, with a heavy heart and knowing that I cannot walk for the foresee-able future, I took to driving the vehicle at my disposal with the parts of my right foot that are still intact. My left foot has taken the brunt of barefoot walking and will take some time to recover. I have reached Naar - passing through Rajhdani without being able to engage the people there - and will proceed to Gulpur at some point today.

In total, I walked barefoot for about 18 kilometres in total. 15 kilometres on the day before yesterday and about 3 kilometres yesterday.

Gulpur will be a make or break destination for public interest in AJK, of that I am certain.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 129 of 2024

1610hrs: Momentum took me all the way to 0700hrs this morning before I finally fell asleep. I even almost got up for my morning walk at c. 0...