Thursday, 22 September 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 265 of 2022


Day 109 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.


My punctuality surplus has transformed into a deficit once again. It corresponds exactly to the amount of minutes that I was late today viz. 25 minutes.

For some peculiar reason, my eyes opened at the same time as yesterday viz. at 0809hrs. Except that I was fresher today than yesterday morning, when I had barely 3 hours of sleep. 

Punctuality percentage: 61 days on time or early of 109 = 56% punctual.


Day 10 of our evening commitment to public interest brings us to the topic of public opinion and how that fares with the other 3 influencers of public policy:

 Associated reference:

We can authoritatively claim that the following survey was the most representative of public opinion ever collected in any part of the erstwhile princely State, since 1947:

Link (English)

Link (Urdu)

Space Count (That is: How many people have engaged so far): 62 (updated at 1733hrs on 24/09/2022) 

Average space count (10 days so far): 94


Does anyone remember Chacha Cricket? Well, it appears that he was in Bhimber yesterday, trying to rally the locals behind Pakistan's State narrative! Needless to say, he experienced a rude awakening:


The following case is what I describe as the alleged murder of prime AJK human capital in Pakistan's capital Islamabad in March, earlier this year. The case of Imperial College London postgraduate Farooq Ali, a descendent of Plaak, Doulya Jattan, Kotli, AJK born and brought up in Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom:

Here's a well documented summary of Farooq Ali's case so far, written by his Cambridge graduate neurologist sister Dr. Rehiana Ali:


Farooq was a graduate of Imperial College London (2:1 in Biochemistry with a A* from British Biotech during year in Industry) and had Masters in Biochemistry - also from Imperial College London. 

He was from Bradford – he had studied at Bradford Grammar School securing 3 As at A level in Maths, Biology and Geography.

Farooq – strongly believed in education. Helped younger brother Yusuf and paid private school fees even whilst studying at Imperial. Helped his sister Rehiana get into Cambridge University – she’s now a Consultant Neurologist.

Why in Pakistan?

He was currently playing tennis - he hoped to go shortly on the seniors’ tour.

He loved Pakistan and knew much of the history of Pakistan and Kashmir. He wanted to play for Pakistan.

He was also currently writing a fiction book and it was nearing completion.


Farooq recognised he needed a “platform” to do anything for Pakistan, Kashmir and indeed, Palestine… this was where the tennis and book came in. He had written articles – not huge numbers but they were ideas/intellectual in content not a weekly/monthly output (he wrote under a pen name called Omar Khorharudin). He had contributed to Kashmir Media Services (KMS) and the article called ‘the second green revolution in Indian occupied Kashmir’ was syndicated to Pakistan Observer. He had previously set up and it was hacked a lot…here Farooq would put articles, content on culture, history etc. He also realised that Pakistanis and Kashmiris were more “visual” so tried to start cartoons…again focussing on the occupation.

He was of firm belief that Pakistan needed to do more for Kashmir on the international stage, that Kashmiris should lead from within Pakistan and that Hindustan had to be contained. He recognised that Pakistan was going to be key in the Muslim world and therefore would be targeted – directly and indirectly – by West and Israeli allies.

Why hotel?

Family home is in Azad Kashmir

He was staying in hotel in Islamabad as it was close to the Pakistan Tennis Federation (which had clay and hard courts).

He did look for a flat but preferred the convenience of a hotel - with room service, laundry and housekeeping.

He was in Ramada by Wyndham hotel Islamabad. This is of the top 3 hotels in Islamabad and reportedly "safe". He moved there in May 2021.

We believe he was murdered on 11th or early hours of 12th March 2022. His body was "discovered" on 16th March 2022 i.e. 5 days later.

 Brief Chronology of events

Farooq was - by August 2021 - paying hotel monthly. He would pay 8 - 10th of every month and kept a record. He never paid later than 10th of every month.

Rehiana, his sister, paid a visit in June 2021 staying for 4 weeks so knew their systems. 

No concerns were raised when we spoke to our brother. He was only 44 years old and completely well and very upbeat. If he had any health concerns, he would have almost certainly shared them with his sister, who is a doctor. He had no medical conditions at all.

Rehiana and Farooq shared a credit card – she noticed no payment to the hotel had been made. His phone was unanswered – she assumed due to connection issues (this happened repeatedly before).

She called the hotel on 16th March 2022 to check that he was still at that hotel – and was assured he was. As it was still early in Pakistan, she did not ask to speak to him saying she would try him later. No reference was made that they had not seen him for 5 days.

She was called 7 hours later saying that her brother was dead. 

She said she did not want her brother moved and that they were coming straight to Pakistan. She was very clear that forensic samples should be sent.

She asked if food samples had been sent and was told they were. She was told photographs and forensics had been taken and they would await her before moving the body.  

The sisters and parents caught a flight the same day from Manchester, UK. 

What happened with post-mortem?

Although Rehiana took my brother’s body to the hospital (she was told PIMS but found out later it was the federal polyclinic), she subsequently declined the post mortem because of the doctors involved and a feeling she was being “set-up”. The doctors - one of whom (Dr Niaz) works as on-call for Ramada Hotel. Rehiana was told they thought it was a stroke - this was without examining our brother's body and in advance of the post-mortem. As a Neurologist, she did not believe they could come to that conclusion as yet. After confirming with the police they had taken all forensic samples including blood and foam, she said she was prepared to forgo the post-mortem given the distrust of the doctors - including conduct of a Dr Javaria (the pathologist).

She met the Assistant Commissioner and wrote in English (Rehiana does not read or understand Urdu) that despite the lack of post-mortem there would be an investigation into his death. She later found that the Police also ignored an order from the magistrate - this ordered them to at minimum perform a superficial post-mortem. They did not do this.

My brother’s body was then taken to Kashmir and buried on Friday 18th March 2022. 

Main lies by hotel

Suspicious activity on CCTV of 3 – 4 hotel people monitoring Farooq’s room between 4 – 5am on 12th March. 

Other lies included: 

that they did not chase billing as he was a long-term guest (in contrast to their behaviour evidenced) - which hotel allows a guest to stay free for 6 days?

-        The Manager stating “Farooq only ordered food twice a week” and when Rehiana replied “really?” he said “yes, that has been his habit for a long time”. This was a lie as proven by itemised billing. 

- lies about the ‘Do not disturb’ sign – again lies according to CCTV coverage

There are other lies too.

This 4* international hotel opened door without police and disturbed the crime scene. They allowed 14 people into the room. 

Police corruption

-        No finger printing of crime scene

-        Never sent blood and foam for toxicology. For some reason police only sent for DNA - which is usually when you are unable to identify the body.

-        Police did not send all food for forensics – in fact they did not send the last food eaten (milk and cereal) from 11th March 2022.

They kept food samples from 10th March in a cupboard – only sending to Lahore on 25th March.

-        Despite Rehiana asking them to investigate, they refused to give an FIR (First Investigation report) – she had to go to court to get this.

-        The Police made false statements claiming they were from family

The Police tried to say it was natural, then suicide and now natural.

Exhumation and post-mortem 

-        performed on 9th May 2022

-        final exhumation report stated that they cannot ascertain the cause of death

Family have met all officials in police force – repeatedly promised an investigation which they then stop. We met the SHO 3 times, the SSP, the DIG, the first IG (Ahsan Younas) and now twice with IG Akbar. 

All family have asked for is a fair, thorough and transparent investigation. But the Police won’t do it. Even when hotel staff and management lie, Police will not act.

Our family had to even petition the court to get the Police to investigate - not much has happened despite latest meeting with Islamabad Police Inspector General Akbar on 4th July in presence of Deputy High Commissioner of the United Kingdom (first meeting the British High Commission attended with the family he promised a thorough investigation within 2 weeks.

-        The court had ordered police to complete investigation by 20th July

Still no police report – and now Police are pressurising independent medical board (from Kashmir) to change their report to say death was natural. It seems that the junior members of board had also been contacted by Police.

End of Farooq Ali case summary to date (25/09/2022)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 269 of 2022

2258hrs: Day 113 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal. 0757hrs My punctuality deficit has decreased to 42 minutes. Punctuality percentag...