Visitors

Friday 2 December 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 336 of 2022

1040hrs:

Day 180 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.

0800hrs

Attendance = 100%

Punctuality = 64%

116 days on time or early of 180

Punctuality surplus = 28 minutes 

Punctuality Consistency Status = 12 days

Note: Today's photo was taken a few metres before reaching the Square, solely to ensure that I didn't break my punctuality performance by a few seconds, as has happened on some previous occasions. I did have the option of hitching a pillion ride to arrive at the Square a few minutes before 0800hrs but I wanted to maintain the habit of walking the distance from home.

....

A snapshot history lesson that still directly affects us today in Jammu Kashmir & Allied areas (JKA):


The comment that I left there:

A very sharp and concise analysis. Should be part of the history curriculum in the United Kingdom and throughout all those territories that it ever controlled, including those where it still holds influence.

I also felt the following part of the commentary in the video was important too:

(Paraphrased)

"Britain went and ruled territories through proclamation rather than treaties...with the usual narrative that they came to civilise the locals..."

....

The following is an acute example of the legacy of British colonialism:


The article above can be accessed here.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 114 of 2024

0744hrs: As if by instinct I am getting up near that 0500hrs target every morning. In fact, this morning I actually got up at 0300hrs, did s...