Visitors

Thursday 5 December 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 339 of 2019

0900hrs:

I have realised that if I want to give more output in public interest and avert the inevitable onslaught on our identity and territory, I have to adapt myself and change a few habits. That's not easy when aged 47 but its got to be done.

....

I've been following this movement for global activism on the environment for some time now and am astounded by their energy, organisation and dynamism. 


Here's an excerpt from their post:


"Since Monday 18th November more than five hundred people have taken part in the Global Hunger Strike. From Israel to India, Ecuador to Australia, New Zealand to the United Kingdom, we have all been united in our pain and our desperate desire for change. Following in the footsteps of great change-makers and peace-bringers such as Emmeline Pankhurst and Mahatma Gandhi, rebels have chosen to go hungry as a mark of their love for the Earth and all the life that it harbours."




Hunger strikers at the Dutch Parliament in The Hague, The Netherlands
  
Hunger strikers in the UK

I felt the following except to be most powerful:


Hunger striker Eric shares: “My anger has left me and all I’m left with is sadness. The hunger has not left as I imagined it would. It gnaws at my stomach all day and all night with a relentless ache. Yet my hunger for change propels me forward. My suffering is nothing compared to what’s already happening, and is non-existent compared to what our future holds. My beautiful nieces and nephews will have to scramble for their survival run and wonder how we got here.”



Paris, France. Indigenous Brazilians were in Paris to demonstrate against French institutions helping to finance destruction of the Amazon. They performed a protest dance outside the headquarters of the Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP).


Copenhagen, Denmark. XR Rebels in Denmark expose the naked truth about oil extraction in the North Sea at the Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities.

.........


Local press coverage of our case continued with news yesterday's court verdict in our favour. 4 newspapers have covered it today:



Daily Kashmir Uzma - Muzaffarabad (Urdu) 


Front Page (1 of 2)


Front Page (2 of 2)


Page 3 Section 25 


Daily Siyasat - Muzaffarabad (Urdu)


Front Page


Page 3 Section 1 


Daily Kashmir Link - Muzaffarabad (Urdu)


Front Page


Page 7 Section 22

Jammu Kashmir Times has also entered the fray on our behalf:



Daily Jammu Kashmir Times - Muzaffarabad (Urdu)


Front Page


Page 3 Section 23

Other papers covered it too. We are trying to confirm and source them for the reader's benefit.

......

It's useful to be consistent, if you are trying to mobilise the public for a People's Assembly:



......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 111 of 2024

0910hrs: Despite getting up at 0630hrs rather than the 'stipulated' 0500hrs I feel that I have broken some barriers or decimated som...