Visitors

Friday 18 March 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 77 of 2022

1552hrs:

At home...........mobilising....

....

Rumi was once asked:

What do you "gain" from praying to God regularly?

He replied:

Usually "I don't earn anything", but rather "I lose certain things".
And he quoted everything he lost praying to God regularly:

I lost my pride
I lost my arrogance
I lost my anger
I lost stress
I lost greed
I lost the pleasure of lying
I lost the taste of sin
I lost the impatience
I lost despair and discouragement

Sometimes we pray, not to gain something, but to lose things that don't allow us to grow personally and spiritually.

Prayer educates, strengthens and heals.

....

We felt the need to revisit the following discussion with the currently detained Liaqat Hayat - president of JKNAP - on Christmas Day of 2019. Political mobilisation of the masses in AJK and thoughts on the nascent Public Assembly - AJK were strongly featured in the discussion:


....

The UK government's response to the following question in reference to Gilgit Baltistan was routine but the question was refreshing and topical, hence it being noted here:

Pakistan: Kashmir

Question for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
UIN 139343, tabled on 14 March 2022

Question

Mr Steve Baker
Conservative
Wycombe 

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, if she will make representations to the Government of Pakistan on maintaining the status of Gilgit Baltistan apart from an overall settlement of the issue of the status of Kashmir; and if she will make a statement.

Answer

James Cleverly
Conservative
Braintree

Answered on
18 March 2022

The long-standing position of the UK is that it is for India and Pakistan to find a lasting, political resolution to the situation in Kashmir, taking into account the wishes of the Kashmiri people. It is not for the UK to prescribe a solution or to act as a mediator. We encourage both sides to maintain positive dialogue and find lasting, diplomatic solutions, but the pace and scope is for them to determine.


....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...