Visitors

Thursday 10 November 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 314 of 2022

1111hrs:

Day 158 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.

0757hrs

My punctuality deficit has decreased to 5 minutes.

Punctuality percentage: 95 days on time or early of 158 = 60% punctual.

....

Before I die I hope my people will understand what I'm trying to do here in JKA. Over the past century if there was one person who I would consider to be the most notable influence on me and my work, it would be Lee Kuan Yew, the architect of Singapore's phenomenal rise from being one of the most prominent vice capitals of Asia to one of the most dynamic economies in the world. Punching far above its weight and knowing how to balance the interests and influences of the largest powers in the world, there is perhaps no better resource than Singapore to make our people understand that anything is possible. 

I am borrowing the following comment from one of numerous videos made on the governance icon of the century, fondly referred to as LKY:

"LKY is maybe the most cool-minded leader of the world in the last century who, after distilling the best from both Confucism (Confucianism) in the East and Liberalism from the West, firmly believes that good governance is more important than anything else to build and run a successful nation.  And history proves that he is right."

....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...