Visitors

Sunday 20 November 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 324 of 2022

1109hrs:

Day 168 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.

0841hrs

Attendance = 100%
Punctuality = 62%
104 days on time or early of 168
Punctuality deficit = 23 minutes 
Punctuality Consistency Status = 0 days

My consistent punctuality performance over the past 14 days (Second best performance to date in 168 days) has been deflated, almost as if in a flash. The punctuality surplus of 18 minutes has also reverted back to a deficit, quantified as 23 minutes in this case.

....

Our weekly offering in the shape of a live Facebook video in Pahaari on JKTV, enters its second week:
 

....

Here's yet another case (amongst countless such cases) of a citizen of ours being picked up from near the LOC, who the Pakistani security forces considered to be a threat of some sort and thus they carried out a familiar pattern of abduction and incarceration - without providing an opportunity for legal recourse - while abusing Geneva conventions.

Here's a statement in Urdu, followed by the ID card particulars of the incarcerated gentleman in question, which is then followed by a translation in English:
Image 1 of 2

Image 2 of 2

ID Card

Translation:

Name: Syed Imtiaz Hussain Shah (son of) Syed Fazal Hussain Shah

Residence: Degwar, Tehsil & District Haveli, State of Jammu and Kashmir

11th September 2016

The Pakistani Army abducted me. For two and a half years they kept me in various torture cells and repeatedly meted out both mental and physical violence upon me. They did not allow me to speak in any manner whatsoever. They did not provide any facility for me to meet my wife and children. They kept me in dark cells. After two and a half years of making me endure such brutality they dumped me at Bagh jail in Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK). 

The Pakistani Army had sentenced me to 10 years long imprisonment which is an absolute travesty of justice, not least because I'm not even a citizen of Pakistan. 

The Pakistani Army have occupied my proprietary land (in Degwar Haveli) where I live, situated near the LOC. On one side we are facing the Indian Army and on the other side we are facing the Pakistani Army. 

The Pakistani Army accused me of being in contact with the Indian Army. Now, six years have elapsed in torture cells or jail. 

The United Nations should take notice of these serious human rights violations by the Pakistani Army. I want to be released from this ordeal. My family and I need protection.

Syed Imtiaz Hussain Shah

Further Notes:

MDS is a hospital run by the (Pakistani) Army, in front of which was Imtiaz Shah's shop selling herbal medicine. This is where he was abducted from (This place is known as Tachchan MDS) by some plain-clothed personnel while others were in police uniform.

Upon such disappearances, the provision of a lawyer is not available. Furthermore, many people who are taken away in such a manner are not able to bear the difficulties meted out to them in torture cells and they consequently die.

Nevertheless, when I was transferred to the civil jail in Bagh, I have since hired a lawyer. My case is being heard at the Rawalpindi Bench of the Lahore High Court but even the court is unable to deliver justice as they are also faced with pressure from the Pakistani Army. 

Despite this reality, I have lodged a case in court. (What other recourse is available to me in such circumstances?).  

(Meanwhile, Imtiaz Shah was transferred from Bagh jail to Mirpur jail where he remains incarcerated)

End..

....

Facebook reminds me of my time in Skardu, 12 years ago:


....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 117 of 2024

2311hrs: Slightly better than yesterday.