Visitors

Sunday 17 July 2022

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 198 of 2022

2045hrs:

Day 42 at Maqbool Bhat Shaheed Square - Dadyaal.

0919hrs

Today was my latest arrival on record since beginning this activity on the 6th of June: 79 minutes late!

Thus, my punctuality deficit accumulated over 42 days has shot up to 396 minutes!

That is: 6 hours and 36 minutes to make up for.

....

The following is often quoted by myself in various public speeches and thus I thought it apt to provide a brief but concise description of the 'House of Wisdom' courtesy Khan Academy
where one can explore this historical theme further:

Abbasid Caliphs Harun al-Rashid and his son, al-Ma'mun, who followed him, established a House of Wisdom in Baghdad—a dedicated space for scholarship. The House of Wisdom increased in use and prestige under al-Ma'mun's rule, from 813 to 833 (CE).

Given that we - in AJK - live in a society where knowledge and wisdom is considered to be anathema, a destabilising influence and even sheer madness; I've always found the above example to be inspiring. Not least to revive Sharda as one of the most pre-eminent centres of learning and wisdom in the world.

I usually say that where where is knowledge & wisdom is likely to be a place of harmony, sectarian as well as between religions and non belief. All preceding factors lead to economy & influence too. What one may describe as a pristine form of 'soft power'.

All the above is almost absent in AJK and this is the whole point of our relentless struggle in a nutshell.

This is what keeps me aloof from London, Paris and New York despite my physical access to them. The aforementioned cities are already where we want to be. Or I dare say we want to surpass in all civilisational endeavour!

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...