Visitors

Saturday 28 July 2018

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 209 of 2018

2309hrs:

I think it's high time that I begin giving a more detailed description of how tough life is in AJK.

The intention is not to gain sympathy so that my co-citizens have mercy on my condition and neither is it my intention to vilify anybody to satisfy my ego. Rather the intention is to make my co-citizens understand that we continue to make all those micro-errors in our quest for justice, just as we have been doing for the past 71 years.

There will always be self-less and committed people to fight for our collective rights but we won't achieve success unless a critical mass of us observe due diligence of those fighting our corner and devote (or divert) resources to their struggle according to our capacity.

One must always introspect, protect the people's emotions while gently trying to cajole them to do their bit to further public interest.

For the past few months, I have tried my best to avoid encountering cash as much as possible. As I have been relying on the public at large to support and sustain my efforts in public interest, social experimentation to avoid the use of cash (or in a practical sense - to minimise its use) does help me simplify my life. The less accounting that I have to do, the more I can concentrate on the work at hand.

This also means that I have now gradually got used to just eating one meal a day, cut down drastically on cigarettes and thus created more time to deal with the increasing amount of tasks, either set out for me or which I deem to merit attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 111 of 2024

0910hrs: Despite getting up at 0630hrs rather than the 'stipulated' 0500hrs I feel that I have broken some barriers or decimated som...