Visitors

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 303 of 2018

1722hrs:

I couldn't post yesterday because my net package finished at some point in the morning (75 GB allowance finished in 20 days from a possible 30). I didn't have any money to renew my package but did manage to convince the vendor to allow me a day's grace to pay him.

Despite that, my net package could not be re-activated till about 10am this morning. This was preceded by an evening of frustration. It transpired that the vendor could not process the transaction in time and.....did so first thing in the morning. He has still given me a day's grace. I have to pay him tomorrow. 

Thus, I couldn't embed the following video yesterday:

The subject of the conversation (I was one of the guests) was Dr Shireen Mazari's proposal on resolving the Jammu & Kashmir dispute: 



1922hrs:

I've come across another interesting intersection:

I'm trying to comment on the Strategic Studies Institute Islamabad website, where one can access Dr Shireen Mazari's proposal in both text and video format:

However, this is what I'm coming across, layer by layer:

3rd Layer:

Welcome to the Full Page Screen Capture extension. 

You can run this on any webpage, except for ones where the browser restricts extensions from running scripts. This includes the Chrome web store, browser settings pages, and other extensions. 

Try out another page on the web, such as this one. Have fun! 🎉 

Chrome does not allow access to some URLs for security reasons. This includes the webstore gallery, other chrome extensions, and chrome:// URLs. The current page appears to be a restricted URL.

For additional questions, contact us.

2nd Layer:

http://127.0.0.1/

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
1st Layer:
This is what I tried to post on the Strategic Studies Institute Islamabad's website :



"I think long gone are the days when somebody could speak for someone else, without the latter's consent. Try and refrain from throwing the human beings of AJK and GB under a bus and pretend to be speaking on their behalf, while clearly subduing freedom of expression in both territories, deliberately kept apart by your State.
Instead, concentrate on developing your image as a responsible nation, with a hands-off approach to conflict resolution in your vicinity. The less you're involved and more you cede to the citizens of AJK and GB, the better your image will become. That's when you'll genuinely prosper.
The world is moving along at astonishing speeds. They are not going to wait for you to catch up.
Identify your opportunity cost and optimal trade-off. You can't have everything. No one can."
End...

.......

03/11/18 - 1746hrs: (Backdated Update)

I noticed this a couple of days ago but because it relates to this date, I think I should add it accordingly:

Topical Questions Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office – in the House of Commons at 12:00 am on 30th October 2018.

Imran Hussain Shadow Minister (Justice)

I draw the House’s attention to my entry in the Register of Members’ Financial Interests. For over 70 years, the sons and daughters of Kashmir have been subjected to persecution, oppression and human rights abuses, yet it seems that our position continues to be that this is a matter for India and Pakistan. How many more innocent men, women and children have to die before we at least facilitate peaceful talks between those countries to find a peaceful resolution?

Mark Field Minister of State

I do understand the passion and the genuine sense of outrage that the hon. Gentleman feels. Ultimately, there can be a solution only if India and Pakistan work together. It cannot be our role to intervene, not least because, as I think the hon. Gentleman will understand, we will be seen by one or other side as intervening on that side rather than on the other. We will do our very best, as I have already mentioned, as far as the UN is concerned—given that a UN report is on the table—to try to bring the parties together. However, on the notion that it is in any way the place of the UK Government to intervene on this matter, I am afraid that we have quite rightly maintained such a position for over 70 years.

End of reference...

The last sentence of Mark Field's response is most telling. How convenient to abdicate from your responsibilities I say. Who drafted the Indian Independence Act in 1947 and whose responsibility was/is it to bring it to fruition? The issue that transpired as the 'Kashmir Dispute' has its roots in matters deliberately overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 115 of 2024

2124hrs: My real examination begins tomorrow, as so many stars seem to be aligned - I use that cliche metaphorically - as it is easier or ev...