Visitors

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 107 of 2024

0719hrs:

So, here's the deal. I must sleep at 2300hrs sharp and wake up at 0500hrs sharp. I got the second part exactly right today and the first part I inevitably - through habit - struggled with. I didn't actually get any sleep at all, though I was determined to keep my eyes closed as if asleep, despite the distractions of technology which kept me busy until 0200hrs. I then proceeded for my morning walk at 0500hrs sharp. 

Despite not sleeping at all, I feel reasonably fresh and it seems lying down and keeping one's eyes closed in the dark does assist immensely.

....

The dying cries of a bird lying on the road - obviously hit by a speeding vehicle as it was in low flight - greatly disturbed me. Its eye was bulging as it lay almost flattened but still breathing. I felt so helpless as I know there is nothing institutional in our midst (the UK has the RSPCA which stands for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). In fact, even those institutions dedicated to humans in this seemingly god-forsaken territory leaves much to be desired. 


This dampened my spirits after witnessing such a beautiful morning mist over my village.


....

By midday. I couldn't keep myself going any longer. I intended to rest for an hour which extended till 1600hrs. 4 + 3 = 7 hours in this 24 hour cycle. Indeed, it still aggregates to much better than hitherto.

....

Our daily financial statement is slowly but surely moving towards that $100 billion dollar economy:


....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 120 of 2024

0819hrs: Similar to yesterday, I got up at 0630hrs despite sleeping closer to midnight last night. I also managed to avoid sleeping at any p...