Visitors

Friday, 14 August 2026

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 226 of 2026

0700hrs:

We enter Day 71 of a lockdown in AJK imposed by the State of Pakistan, who will be celebrating the 79th year of their independence today. If I was in their shoes I don't know how I would reconcile such atrocity with such a celebration. 


How can you celebrate independence while doing everything possible to crush the aspiration of independence of others? 

Anyhow, let's return to the creators and original beneficiaries of Pakistan viz. Great Britain cum the United Kingdom. 

The following delayed and generic response by the United Kingdom to one of their own MPs give an indication of how distant they are from reality and their own (legal) responsibility:


The following were Liam Byrne MP's notes attached with the above letter, available to read at this link

In June I wrote to the Foreign Secretary about Pakistan-administered Kashmir. This week I got a reply from the Minister, Stephen Doughty. The Government says it is "seriously concerned" and following developments closely. But for families here who are still unable to contact relatives, that is not yet an answer. I'll keep pushing until there is one.

....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 226 of 2026

0700hrs: We enter Day 71 of a lockdown in AJK imposed by the State of Pakistan, who will be celebrating the 79th year of their independence ...