Visitors

Saturday 27 November 2021

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 331 of 2021

2033hrs:

I did arrive home at 2021hrs, having hitched a lift off a truck from Sehrmandi.....before that I travelled from Kotli to the former on public transport.....Earlier, I had travelled from Dadyaal to Kotli on public transport too...

Our main engagement of the day was attending and paying respects to a very rare public rights activist, the late Mir Afzaal Suleria:


Afzaal led a totally unblemished life while remaining consistent in his activity, yet tragically died young. My last memories of him were from the 25th of October 2019 at Laal Chowk - Upper Adda - in Muzaffarabad, when I had climbed up to the summit of its scaffolding, to raise awareness of the need to have our own Inspector General of police to oversee matters of security in this territory. Despite being a heart patient, he was the first to climb that ladder to intermediate between me and the local authorities.

....

It was also on this day that the following interview took place:


.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 115 of 2024

2124hrs: My real examination begins tomorrow, as so many stars seem to be aligned - I use that cliche metaphorically - as it is easier or ev...