Visitors

Sunday 25 August 2019

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 237 of 2019

1404hrs:

The following means a lot in the context of relations between Pakistan and Jammu & Kashmir:



.....

The Pakistani State encroaches in AJK as well as GB. Here's an example:



Translated thus:

There is encroachment happening here too! 

It was on the 26th of July when I had decided to spend some time on leisure travelling. It was my heart's desire that I venture out towards the mountain of Makra. 

I proceeded towards Garhi Habeebullah (in Hazara - Pakistan from Muzaffarabad via Brarkot) and a place above there by the name of Galothi. From this point I descended to begin my journey by foot. I noticed gradually that there were lights fixed in cement which signified the border between Pakistan and Jammu & Kashmir, thus distinguishing both territories.

From here, I walked to Pir Chilla. Then to Noor Gali above followed by Dath Katha before finally reaching Danna. At this stage, the boundary began appearing strange as from the point where I had begun my jouney on foot and proceeded, I learned that this path was the actual border (between Pakistan and AJK). However, there was no marking of a border whatsoever!

I realised that the markings here were very deep inside (AJK territory) and thus I eventually reached the foot of Makra mountain. Up to here, the markings were similar to that explained before and I thought that these must be permanent markings. Yet upon inquiring from an individual present there the situation became clearer. 

This individual explained that he (and his family/colleagues) vacate this area in the winter and descend from these heights below into agricultural fields/areas. He further explained that when he returned this time (this spring) to these heights, he noticed a KPK (Khyber Pakhtoon Khwa province of Pakistan adjacent to Northern AJK) Dept of Forestry building erected here.

A 'fresh' demarcation had been made. Now, there were guards/constables stationed here too, who supervise the area and don't allow anybody in. 

Also present there was an old man from whom I pursued further information on this route/path. He told me that this path is of the Dogra era (pre 1947). Then people used to take goods on this route/path and apart from that - being a border - the Dogra army was also present and this was indeed the original border.

My dear friends, comrades and co-citizens; we have heard that KPK has been regularly interfering and encroaching in GB (Gilgit Baltistan) but we had never heard that KPK was interfering here in AJK too, albeit all too subtly.

In this modern era, there is much less traffic of people in this area and our public rarely use this path. This is being exploited by our neighbours. There is much for us to ponder over.

Wasalaam

Khan Umair Khan


At Muzaffarabad, J & K, capital of AJK

....

Meanwhile, here is my standard response to anybody who wishes or urges Pakistan to do something on J & K:

My response to all Pakistani citizens and their State is to stop talking about Kashmir and silently vacate AJK and GB. 

Both these territories are desperate to represent themselves to the outside world. 

It is in such a scenario that we in AJK will be able to assist the Valley of Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh; if they so desire. 

This is a legal, moral, peaceful, democratic battle on behalf of the citizens of Jammu & Kashmir against India. 

Pakistan has already wasted 57 years since K. H. Khursheed made a similar suggestion while President of AJK in 1962.

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 116 of 2024

0800hrs: Even though I didn't sleep until 0100hrs I did get up at 0500hrs, just like clockwork. Returned to Sehnsa yesterday after a laz...