We understand that the first ever British Kashmiri protest took place in Glasgow, Scotland - 1962:
Day 17 it is of an unprecedented lockdown in modern human history. There are no signs of normalcy returning anytime soon in the Valley of Kashmir:
#JammuKashmir day 17 lockdown curfew house detetion and complete shutter down. While on the other hand lier bloody #India media says schools opened and life is going smoothly in #IOK #KashmirHamaraHai #KashmirBleeds #KashmirReferendum #KashmirBleedsUAEGreets #Kashmir2Khalistan pic.twitter.com/BjdXQXm1u1— S Mubasher Ali (@mubashire_ali) August 21, 2019
Although the following is purely a propaganda video, it has gone viral in AJK and elsewhere:
Such has been its impact that I feel compelled to translate someone's comment on FB, which provides some sort of local (internal to AJK) context:
Mirpur is a piece of heaven on earth (Indian channel)
- Our neighbours (Pakistanis) drowned the people of Mirpur in water twice.
- Vehicles with number plates of Mirpur are looted as soon as they cross Dina (nearest Pakistani city to Mirpur), as if it were a noble religious deed.
- It has always been exclaimed that "What is there in Mirpur but rocks (and pebbles)?"
- Today, our enemy country viz. India has described Mirpur as Paris, a piece of heaven on earth and there is uproar in every direction.
- Since yesterday, this video has been sent to me over a hundred times (by different people) via my Whatsapp inbox.
- If only those living around us were to think likewise.
- There are countless TV channels who conduct programmes with such stupid people as Maryam Aurangzeb and donkeys such as Talal Choudary, in their studios round the clock (day and night).
- If only one such programme like the Indian channel which highlighted the beauty and simplicity of Mirpuris were to be conducted.
- Regret upon regret is our refrain....
End of translated FB comment.......