Visitors

Friday 12 January 2024

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 12 of 2024

1200hrs:

Fell asleep soon after midnight (the earliest in a while) and somehow woke at 0300hrs feeling afresh. However, I didn't think 3 hours would fulfil my quota of needed sleep and tried to go back to sleep, which didn't really happen till about 0730hrs. I eventually woke just after 1100hrs. What I should have done is bite the bullet and got up at 0600hrs while I was still struggling to go back to sleep.

I'm spending a lot of time weblogging about my sleep pattern as this winter it just isn't gelling properly. This also affects what and how much I can do for the rest of the day.

....

Today, we initiate another regular activity viz. 'Awaami Adalat' (Public Court) or Loga Ni Kacheri (in Pahaari) which will be conducted every Friday at Jammu Chowk Sehnsa, whereby matters that are unresolvable with the government will be put to the public at large to take suggestions for remedy:


Here's a photo of the event too:


....

The following video is an important reference, not so much for its title but how it describes British instigation of warfare in Jammu Kashmir & Allied (areas) as early as the 18th of August 1947 (not the 22nd of October 1947 as traditionally thought). This subject is broached from 11 minutes 11 seconds onwards under the sub-title 'Who ordered the 1947 attack on Kashmir from the Pakistan side? Surprising revelations!' :


As can be gleaned from Col Ajay Raina (R)'s commentary (he mentions that he has also penned these notes in a book with proofs) he mentions:

General Masservy (Commander in Chief of Pakistan forces) signed an operational order (Operation Gulmarg) on the 18th of August 1947. 

The invasion began on the night of 8th October 1947 in Poonch, 2 weeks before the 'tribal attack'.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Diary (DD) - Day 129 of 2024

1610hrs: Momentum took me all the way to 0700hrs this morning before I finally fell asleep. I even almost got up for my morning walk at c. 0...